Available Now Coming Aug 18, 2009
Buckle up! It's guaranteed to be a bumpy ride!
Buckle up! It’s guaranteed to be a bumpy ride. Sideswiped is an all new arcade style racing game for the DS. Go city to city earning cash for causing destruction and mayhem to your opponents and anything that gets in your way. Race down the streets earning points by crashing into your opponents and causing the maximum amount of damage!
• Purchase up to 11 different vehicles, from sports cars, to a
bulldozer, or the mother of them all: the Armored Truck!
• Race in 5 different locations from New York to Las Vegas, or battle demolition derby style in the Arena.
• Go for the high score by getting destructive combos! Combos are done by causing a chain of explosions while crashing into your opponents.
• Unlock the classic helicopter view racing shooter, “Nerai”, by clearing a Normal mission.
• Go to the shop with the money you’ve earned to buy upgrades for your vehicle’s power, body and boost.
• Experience a slew of different modes per location:
- Destruction: Reach the required score by causing as much damage to any and everything that gets in your way.
- Crash Race: The position you come in doesn’t matter; it’s all about crash points!
- Time Attack: Complete the course in the allotted time.
- Normal Race: Classic race, come in first to advance.
- Bomb: You’re loaded with a bomb. Crash into other opponents to transfer the bomb icon. If you can’t do it in time, you’ll be blown up!
- Bowling Event: Race down a ramp and crash into vertically placed cars that act as pins!
As of May 20, 2014, the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection service for Nintendo DSi and Wii systems has been retired. Online features of this game are no longer available after this date but this game still provides an entertaining experience in offline mode.
To learn more about this service change, please visit To learn more about this service change, please visit support.nintendo.com/servicesupdate.
- System Nintendo DS
- Release Date Aug 18, 2009
- No. of Players up to 4 players
- Category Racing
- PublisherMajesco Entertainment
How can I purchase a game on Nintendo.com?
A Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID is required to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. To purchase a game, complete the following steps:
- If you haven't already done so, create a Nintendo Network ID on your Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system.
- Visit http://accounts.nintendo.com and create or sign in to your Nintendo Account.
- Link your Nintendo Network ID to your Nintendo Account.
- Locate your game on www.nintendo.com and follow the on-screen steps to make your purchase.
- Your game will be automatically downloaded to the system associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
- Make sure that your system is connected to the Internet and meets these download requirements.
- For pre-purchases, the game will be pre-loaded to your system at the time of your order. You'll be able to start playing it after downloading a small update, beginning at 12:00 a.m. ET on the game's release date.
For additional information about this process, please click here.
Is a Nintendo Network ID required to purchase games?
Yes. You will need a Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. The games you buy will be automatically downloaded to the system (Wii U and / or Nintendo 3DS family) that is associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
What do I need to download a game?
You'll need a Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Nintendo Network ID*, Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
(* You'll need a Nintendo Network ID to download the game, but you won't need one to play the game once it has been downloaded.)
Does my purchase qualify for My Nintendo Points?
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
- What is the order cancellation policy for digital purchases?