Sonic Teams Up with BioWare on the DS for First-Ever RPG
Sonic and his friends have banded together with leading RPG developer BioWare (Mass Effect, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic) to create a stylish blend of strategy and speed for Sonic’s first RPG, Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood™. Exclusively for the Nintendo DS™, Sonic Chronicles mixes a rich story, hand-painted visuals, fast-paced team combat, and wireless collectible trading into a uniquely compelling adventure.
Players will customize their party and characters, choosing from Sonic, Tails, Amy Rose, Knuckles, Shadow, Rouge, and more, and prepare to defeat a menacing new enemy. Rhythmically tapping and dragging with the stylus in Sonic-style battles, players can level up and use Rings to buy new special attacks as they progress through 20 different and beautifully hand-drawn areas including new and classic Sonic locales. With an engaging storyline, lightning fast attacks, high production values, and impeccable visuals, Sonic Chronicles allows gamers to experience Sonic in a whole new way.
• Lightning-fast Combo Moves: It wouldn’t be a Sonic game without speed and combo moves and precisely-timed cursor control accelerate the 4-character team gameplay. Unique character Combo moves bring exciting variety and strategy to battles.
• New Party System Gameplay: Sonic Chronicles introduces the “party system” for diverse team tactics using each of the 11 playable character’s unique and customizable skills and powers.
• Over 20 Areas to Explore: Players will venture to new and classic Sonic environments while solving puzzles and dodging obstacles. Just as in combat, some challenges will require teamwork to solve.
• Online Trading & Collecting: Collect several types of artificial Chao lifeforms, each with varying power-ups and abilities that help in combat and elsewhere. Players can exchange their Chao with friends via DS Wi-Fi.
• Epic Storyline: Sonic and friends must use teamwork and strategy to uncover and defeat the mysterious menace that is destroying their world. Along with a storyline filled with twists and turns, new characters add to the excitement!"