We're sorry, but chat isn't available at the moment. Agents may be helping other customers or Live Chat may be closed.
Please check back soon.
6 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. PT
7 days a week
Available Now Coming Jan 22, 2013
The Cave is a new adventure game from Monkey Island and Maniac Mansion creator Ron Gilbert, and Double Fine Productions, the award-winning studio behind Psychonauts and Brütal Legend.
Assemble your team of three from seven unlikely adventurers, each with their own unique personalities and stories, then descend into the mysterious depths to explore locations including a subterranean amusement park and a medieval castle, not to mention a fully armed and ready-to-launch nuclear tipped ICBM. The Cave awaits.
• Seamlessly Spelunk – Explore a ginormous completely seamless
cave-world presented in astounding cross-section that will blow...
• Assemble a team of 3 explorers – From the Hillbilly to the Time Traveller; all 7 characters have their own unique personalities, special talents and a dark and secret reason for descending The Cave.
• A Cave like no other – If you enjoy spelunking and dark rocky caverns then be prepared to be disappointed. Your first clue The Cave is a place like no other will be when you stumble across the subterranean amusement park or the medieval castle, not to mention the fully armed and ready to launch nuclear tipped missile.
• Let’s work together – Switch between the 3 characters, in cooperation with each other, and solve physical and adventure puzzles as you learn the truth behind why they are here. Share the cave exploring adventure with friends in local co-op.
• Unlock all the secrets of the cave – Replay the adventure with a new set of characters for a whole different experience including unique story, puzzles and areas of The Cave, plus hidden treasures (not redeemable for cash) and collectables.
• Watch the Cave come alive – Experience the detailed, stunning art style and humor that only Ron Gilbert and Double Fine can dream up.
* If eligible for a Just for You offer, the final price reflects the combined Sale and Just for You offers. The Just for You offer is discounted from the sale price.
A Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID is required to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. To purchase a game, complete the following steps:
For additional information about this process, please click here.
Yes. You will need a Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. The games you buy will be automatically downloaded to the system (Wii U and / or Nintendo 3DS family) that is associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
You'll need a Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Nintendo Network ID*, Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
(* You'll need a Nintendo Network ID to download the game, but you won't need one to play the game once it has been downloaded.)
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
To get started, simply log into (or create) your Nintendo Account.
Before downloading, be sure to link your Nintendo Network ID to your Nintendo Account and visit the Nintendo eShop on your device at least once.Log in or create an account
Your demo is on its way. Please check the status of this download on your device.
We noticed that your account's country setting is set to Canada, but you're viewing the U.S. version of Nintendo.com.
If you’d like to purchase a game or see product details for your region, please switch to the Canadian version of the site.