Available Now Coming Mar 20, 2007
Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII
The dogfight begins on Wii
Indulge in the thrill of flight combat using the Wii Remote and Nunchuk. Whether it's a steep dive or tight dog-fighting turn, the aircraft will intuitively respond to your hand movements and you'll feel more like a real fighter pilot than ever before. From the Battle of Britain, through the dramatic air combat of Pearl Harbor, and all the way back to Europe, your pilot skills will create WWII history. Dominate the skies of Western Europe and the Pacific and bring your squadron of Blazing Angels back alive.
- WWII's most epic and famous air battles: Experience the greatest air battles of World War II in famous locations from across the globe. Whether it's London, Berlin, Midway, or Pearl Harbor, you and your squadron will be tasked with turning the tide of war. The single-player campaign has been expanded to include two all-new missions that take place in the North Sea and New Georgia Island in the Pacific.
- Innovative use of the controllers: Handle the Wii Remote and Nunchuk and experience a new sensation of flight. Players can easily maneuver the plane just by moving the Wii Remote and Nunchuk. Arcade and simulator modes are included for each of the five alternative controls.
- Intense squadron-based gameplay: Command AI wingmen and make use of each one's special abilities. The pilot's heroism and leadership will grow during the course of the 20-mission campaign. Engage in legendary air battles and lead a squadron of Blazing Angels to victory.
- A large variety of realistic-looking WWII aircraft: Pilot 46 authentic WWII aircraft including the famous P-51 Mustang and the British Spitfire, and planes like the Luftwaffe's Messerschmitt BF109 and the Japanese Zero in multiplayer. Ten all-new planes are included. From the wing rivets, to the nose art, to the detailed cockpits, these planes look like the real thing.
- Authentic WWII atmosphere: Fly low over Germany's industrial terrain for a bombing raid, strafe the islands of the Pacific, or emerge from the cloud cover over London and engage the enemy. The environment is so real you'll feel like you're the pilot in a famous WWII movie.
- Planes are easy to handle and fun to fly: No need to attend the Air Force Academy to pilot these planes; you can jump right into air combat action without extensive tutorials. A new cockpit view is included.
- System Wii
- Release Date Mar 20, 2007
- No. of Players 2 players simultaneous
- Category Action
How can I purchase a game on Nintendo.com?
A Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID is required to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. To purchase a game, complete the following steps:
- If you haven't already done so, create a Nintendo Network ID on your Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system.
- Visit http://accounts.nintendo.com and create or sign in to your Nintendo Account.
- Link your Nintendo Network ID to your Nintendo Account.
- Locate your game on www.nintendo.com and follow the on-screen steps to make your purchase.
- Your game will be automatically downloaded to the system associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
- Make sure that your system is connected to the Internet and meets these download requirements.
- For pre-purchases, the game will be pre-loaded to your system at the time of your order. You'll be able to start playing it after downloading a small update, beginning at 12:00 a.m. ET on the game's release date.
For additional information about this process, please click here.
Is a Nintendo Network ID required to purchase games?
Yes. You will need a Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. The games you buy will be automatically downloaded to the system (Wii U and / or Nintendo 3DS family) that is associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
What do I need to download a game?
You'll need a Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Nintendo Network ID*, Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
(* You'll need a Nintendo Network ID to download the game, but you won't need one to play the game once it has been downloaded.)
Does my purchase qualify for My Nintendo Points?
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
- What is the order cancellation policy for digital purchases?