Available Now Coming May 03, 2010
Think in 3D with this unique portable puzzle experience.
Picross 3D™ is the sequel to the popular Picross DS™ puzzle game. The original game was a number-based grid puzzle that challenged players to reveal a hidden picture. Picross 3D moves the action into three dimensions. Picross 3D blends the logical challenge of a sudoku puzzle with the excitement of discovering the hidden images within.
- Players start with a solid block of cubes marked with numbers on the end of each row. If the number five is marked on the end of a row of six blocks, for example, one of those blocks must be eliminated. But which one? Players must deduce the answer based on the numbers marked on other rows.
- Players tap a chisel to eliminate blocks they think don’t belong or use a paintbrush to mark ones they think should stay.
- Once all the appropriate blocks have been chipped away, a fun object will be revealed. There are more than 350 objects to discover in the game.
- Picross 3D lets players create their own customized puzzles. Players can either share their creations with other Picross 3D players via a local wireless connection or use their broadband Internet connection and Nintendo® Wi-Fi Connection to submit their puzzles into a weekly contest. Winners will have their puzzles featured in free weekly downloads available to all Picross 3D players.
- If multiple people want to play Picross 3D, game owners can also send a few sample puzzles to others via DS Download Play without the need of a second game card.
As of May 20, 2014, the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection service for Nintendo DSi and Wii systems has been retired. Online features of this game are no longer available after this date but this game still provides an entertaining experience in offline mode.
To learn more about this service change, please visit To learn more about this service change, please visit support.nintendo.com/servicesupdate.
- System Nintendo DS
- Release Date May 03, 2010
- No. of Players 1 player
- Category Puzzles
- DeveloperHAL Laboratory, Inc.
How can I purchase a game on Nintendo.com?
A Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID is required to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. To purchase a game, complete the following steps:
- If you haven't already done so, create a Nintendo Network ID on your Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system.
- Visit http://accounts.nintendo.com and create or sign in to your Nintendo Account.
- Link your Nintendo Network ID to your Nintendo Account.
- Locate your game on www.nintendo.com and follow the on-screen steps to make your purchase.
- Your game will be automatically downloaded to the system associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
- Make sure that your system is connected to the Internet and meets these download requirements.
- For pre-purchases, the game will be pre-loaded to your system at the time of your order. You'll be able to start playing it after downloading a small update, beginning at 12:00 a.m. ET on the game's release date.
For additional information about this process, please click here.
Is a Nintendo Network ID required to purchase games?
Yes. You will need a Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. The games you buy will be automatically downloaded to the system (Wii U and / or Nintendo 3DS family) that is associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
What do I need to download a game?
You'll need a Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Nintendo Network ID*, Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
(* You'll need a Nintendo Network ID to download the game, but you won't need one to play the game once it has been downloaded.)
Does my purchase qualify for My Nintendo Points?
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
- What is the order cancellation policy for digital purchases?