Available Now Coming Mar 24, 2009
Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut
Uncover the Secret of the Templars
Broken Sword®: Shadow of the Templars – The Director’s Cut for Wii builds on the original, boasting a new and explosive narrative interwoven with the first story. After witnessing the brutal and horrifying murder of one of Paris’s richest and most influential statesman, the player will be pulled into a sinister conspiracy rooted in a long forgotten medieval legend. New puzzles have been added that specifically utilize Nintendo's unique Wii Remote. The game also features stunning animated facial expressions drawn by Dave Gibbons, artistic genius behind the comic book and upcoming movie Watchmen.
Deep and Captivating Murder Mystery
- Intriguing storyline following a journalist’s eyewitness account of a tragic assassination.
Intuitive Controls Redefine Adventure Genre
- Wii Remote controls create a whole new level of interaction and accessibility to vibrant and detailed settings.
- New hint system prevents players from ever getting stuck on puzzles by offering tips and advice when needed.
New Cooperative Multiplayer Gameplay
- Discover the adventure with an all-new two-player mode, allowing two players to explore settings together for clues and hints.
Exclusive Director’s Cut Content
- New story elements and settings – piecing together events before and after the original Broken Sword.
- Exclusive puzzles add new depth to the exploration gameplay.
Rich and Colorfully Illustrated Art Style
- Stunning hand-drawn illustrations by renowned artist Dave Gibbons.
- Animated facial expressions depict empathetic and emotional storytelling.
- System Wii
- Release Date Mar 24, 2009
- No. of Players 2 players simultaneous
- Category Adventure
- DeveloperRevolution Software
How can I purchase a game on Nintendo.com?
A Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID is required to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. To purchase a game, complete the following steps:
- If you haven't already done so, create a Nintendo Network ID on your Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system.
- Visit http://accounts.nintendo.com and create or sign in to your Nintendo Account.
- Link your Nintendo Network ID to your Nintendo Account.
- Locate your game on www.nintendo.com and follow the on-screen steps to make your purchase.
- Your game will be automatically downloaded to the system associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
- Make sure that your system is connected to the Internet and meets these download requirements.
- For pre-purchases, the game will be pre-loaded to your system at the time of your order. You'll be able to start playing it after downloading a small update, beginning at 12:00 a.m. ET on the game's release date.
For additional information about this process, please click here.
Is a Nintendo Network ID required to purchase games?
Yes. You will need a Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. The games you buy will be automatically downloaded to the system (Wii U and / or Nintendo 3DS family) that is associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
What do I need to download a game?
You'll need a Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Nintendo Network ID*, Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
(* You'll need a Nintendo Network ID to download the game, but you won't need one to play the game once it has been downloaded.)
Does my purchase qualify for My Nintendo Points?
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
- What is the order cancellation policy for digital purchases?