Available Now Coming Dec 31, 2013
Zap viruses in a falling block puzzle game featuring Dr. Luigi™!
There’s a new doctor in the house! Dr. Mar—or, uh, Dr. Luigi is a new twist on this classic virus-popping puzzle game! Use new L-shaped pills in a brand new game mode and compete with players locally or online.*
Drop pills the usual way, or get a second opinion with the Wii U GamePad controller. Virus Buster mode lets you position falling pill segments with the touchscreen and stylus to place them wherever you want. Use L-shaped pills carefully in the new Operation L mode or, for you die-hard Dr. Mario fans, there’s always Retro Remedy mode. Feeling better? Then sweat it out online* and see where you rank among the world’s elite Operation L and Retro Remedy mode players. Both modes feature online leaderboards.* It’s just what the doctor ordered…even if it’s a little late!
- Celebrate the Year of Luigi with Dr. Luigi™
- New L-shaped pills make you rethink your strategy in Operation L mode
- Use the Wii U GamePad controller’s touchscreen in Virus Buster mode
- Relive or try out the classic-pill dropping gameplay of Retro Remedy mode
- Compete against other players locally or online*
- Both the Operation L and Retro Remedy modes feature online leaderboards*
*Broadband Internet access required for online features. For more info, go to support.nintendo.com.
How can I purchase a game on Nintendo.com?
A Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID is required to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. To purchase a game, complete the following steps:
- If you haven't already done so, create a Nintendo Network ID on your Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system.
- Visit http://accounts.nintendo.com and create or sign in to your Nintendo Account.
- Link your Nintendo Network ID to your Nintendo Account.
- Locate your game on www.nintendo.com and follow the on-screen steps to make your purchase.
- Your game will be automatically downloaded to the system associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
- Make sure that your system is connected to the Internet and meets these download requirements.
- For pre-purchases, the game will be pre-loaded to your system at the time of your order. You'll be able to start playing it after downloading a small update, beginning at 12:00 a.m. ET on the game's release date.
For additional information about this process, please click here.
Is a Nintendo Network ID required to purchase games?
Yes. You will need a Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. The games you buy will be automatically downloaded to the system (Wii U and / or Nintendo 3DS family) that is associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
What do I need to download a game?
You'll need a Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Nintendo Network ID*, Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
(* You'll need a Nintendo Network ID to download the game, but you won't need one to play the game once it has been downloaded.)
Does my purchase qualify for My Nintendo Points?
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
- What is the order cancellation policy for digital purchases?