Available Now Coming Mar 09, 2008
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
The Brawl to end them all!
Welcome to a brawl for the ages, where anything can happen, anyone can show up and all bets are off.
- This action-packed fighting game features a ridiculous number of characters that have appeared on Nintendo platforms, from Mario to Link to Pikachu ... to Solid Snake! As they square off in famous locales drawn from the rich history of Nintendo, literally anything can happen - and usually does. With limitless customizing options, items and weapons that boggle the mind and a wealth of modes, this game has truly infinite replayability.
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl features a sprawling adventure mode called "The Subspace Emissary" that's a full game in and of itself. Players jump and brawl their way through enemy-packed side-scrolling levels, meeting up with other characters, watching incredible cinematics and taking on massive bosses.
- For the first time, this celebrated series is going Wi-Fi, allowing up to four players to brawl, no matter where they may be.
Game storyline: In multiplayer games, characters from all
Nintendo universes meet up in Nintendo locales to duke it out. In the
solo mode called "The Subspace Emissary," the world of Smash Bros. is
invaded by an entity called the Ancient Minister and his army of
creatures, called "The Primid." Normally, characters come alive in the
world of Smash Bros. to do battle, then turn back into trophies when
defeated. However, the Ancient Minister starts turning characters into
trophies to harness their power, then detonates bombs that suck pieces
of the world back into his realm of Subspace. Eventually, all the
characters must work together to defeat the invading creatures from
Subspace - this is accomplished by playing through side-scrolling levels.
How to progress through the game: For multiplayer games, players pick characters, set rules and locations for where they want to play and then duke it out. In Solo Mode, characters play through a long, side-scrolling adventure, beating up enemies along the way as they watch short cinematics starring their favorite characters.
Characters: Mario, Samus, Bowser, Donkey Kong, Solid Snake, Meta Knight, Kirby, Pikachu, Zero Suit Samus, Link, Zelda, Pit and Wario, to name just a few. Anyone and anything from a Nintendo universe could appear in this game in one form or another.
Special powers/weapons/moves/features: Anything from a Nintendo game could conceivably be in this game, whether it's a musical score, an obscure item or a character that shows up to help the fighters. Super Smash Bros. Brawl is eminently customizable, so players can choose the frequency of items appearing, adjust musical scores and basically play the game however they'd like. Items range from baseball bats to proximity mines to Poké Balls to Assist Trophies, which spawn characters like Hammer Bros. and Sim City's Dr. Wright to attack others.
Super Smash Brawl Tournament Winners
LA Region Winner - David Segal
SF Region Winner - Jason Caro
MA Region Winner - Daniel Jung
NY Region Winner - Jensen Santiago
Tournament National Champion
As of May 20, 2014, the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection service for Nintendo DSi and Wii systems has been retired. Online features of this game are no longer available after this date but this game still provides an entertaining experience in offline mode.
To learn more about this service change, please visit To learn more about this service change, please visit support.nintendo.com/servicesupdate.
- System Wii
- Release Date Mar 09, 2008
- No. of Players up to 4 players
- Category Fighting
How can I purchase a game on Nintendo.com?
A Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID is required to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. To purchase a game, complete the following steps:
- If you haven't already done so, create a Nintendo Network ID on your Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system.
- Visit http://accounts.nintendo.com and create or sign in to your Nintendo Account.
- Link your Nintendo Network ID to your Nintendo Account.
- Locate your game on www.nintendo.com and follow the on-screen steps to make your purchase.
- Your game will be automatically downloaded to the system associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
- Make sure that your system is connected to the Internet and meets these download requirements.
- For pre-purchases, the game will be pre-loaded to your system at the time of your order. You'll be able to start playing it after downloading a small update, beginning at 12:00 a.m. ET on the game's release date.
For additional information about this process, please click here.
Is a Nintendo Network ID required to purchase games?
Yes. You will need a Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. The games you buy will be automatically downloaded to the system (Wii U and / or Nintendo 3DS family) that is associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
What do I need to download a game?
You'll need a Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Nintendo Network ID*, Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
(* You'll need a Nintendo Network ID to download the game, but you won't need one to play the game once it has been downloaded.)
Does my purchase qualify for My Nintendo Points?
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
- What is the order cancellation policy for digital purchases?