Available Now Coming Mar 28, 2010
Make it yourself! Play it yourself! Do it yourself!
Through the years, Nintendo has created hundreds of microgames for the WarioWare™ series. Now we want to see what you've got. The WarioWare: D.I.Y. game lets players create the same kind of microgames that are the hallmark of the WarioWare series. Players design every aspect of their creations, including graphics, animation, music and rules.
- Do It Yourself! Take on the role of game designer and create your own microgames by crafting everything from artwork, animations, music and action instructions.
- WarioWare: D.I.Y. comes with more than 90 pre-made games to play, but players who have access to a broadband Internet connection can wirelessly download a virtually endless supply of user-generated games, or upload their own creations to share with the world.
- When creating games, players can utilize a library of pre-made graphics and sound samples, borrow elements from other microgames on their system, or start from scratch.
- Sharing new content is the real key to WarioWare: D.I.Y., and there are a number of ways for players to participate:
- Using a local wireless connection, friends can swap micro-games, comics and music they have created.
- After the game launches, Nintendo will regularly make new micro-games available for download to players who have access to a broadband Internet connection.
- From time to time, Nintendo will challenge WarioWare: D.I.Y. players to create games based on a specific theme. Nintendo will make the best submissions available for download to players with a wireless broadband Internet connection.
- Players can upload items to their Storage Crate in the Warehouse (wireless broadband Internet access required). These products can then be downloaded by any of the friends with whom they have exchanged friend codes.
- If you want to take a break from creating and playing games, why not try your hand at a comic strip? WarioWare: D.I.Y. includes all the tools artists need to compose their own four-panel comic strips.
- Players who have a Wii™ console can add another dimension to their game. By downloading the WarioWare: D.I.Y. Showcase game from Nintendo's WiiWare™ service, players get access to 72 more micro-games, and can experience the games they created with their Nintendo DS™ system on their TV. Each of the elements in these new games then becomes a part of the player's toolbox. The WiiWare game also includes an unlockable multiplayer mode that lets up to four people play micro-games competitively (additional accessories required and are sold separately).
As of May 20, 2014, the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection service for Nintendo DSi and Wii systems has been retired. Online features of this game are no longer available after this date but this game still provides an entertaining experience in offline mode.
To learn more about this service change, please visit To learn more about this service change, please visit support.nintendo.com/servicesupdate.
- System Nintendo DS
- Release Date Mar 28, 2010
- No. of Players 1 player
- Category Game Creation
- DeveloperIntelligent Systems
How can I purchase a game on Nintendo.com?
A Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID is required to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. To purchase a game, complete the following steps:
- If you haven't already done so, create a Nintendo Network ID on your Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system.
- Visit http://accounts.nintendo.com and create or sign in to your Nintendo Account.
- Link your Nintendo Network ID to your Nintendo Account.
- Locate your game on www.nintendo.com and follow the on-screen steps to make your purchase.
- Your game will be automatically downloaded to the system associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
- Make sure that your system is connected to the Internet and meets these download requirements.
- For pre-purchases, the game will be pre-loaded to your system at the time of your order. You'll be able to start playing it after downloading a small update, beginning at 12:00 a.m. ET on the game's release date.
For additional information about this process, please click here.
Is a Nintendo Network ID required to purchase games?
Yes. You will need a Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. The games you buy will be automatically downloaded to the system (Wii U and / or Nintendo 3DS family) that is associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
What do I need to download a game?
You'll need a Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Nintendo Network ID*, Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
(* You'll need a Nintendo Network ID to download the game, but you won't need one to play the game once it has been downloaded.)
Does my purchase qualify for My Nintendo Points?
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
- What is the order cancellation policy for digital purchases?