Available Now Coming Oct 25, 2011
A post-apocalyptic, action-packed experience that features run-n-gun shooting style gameplay with tower defense-style objects, paying homage to the original Centipede while bringing the brand into the 21st century!
Play as Max, the hero and bug slayer, who must defend Maisy, a girl whose gardens bring life back to the wasteland. Squash giant mutated centipedes, spiders, beetles, grubs, caterpillars, moths, and more. Explore an expansive all-new world with gardens, wastelands, marshlands and 3 other environments.Lay waste to these mutated bugs with weapons such as the Lightning Gun, Nuke Cannon, Flamethrower, and more. Use the bodies of dead bugs to craft new defenses and power-ups like turret guns and barricades, or just crush them with your mighty stomp!
• Reimagined version of the classic gaming franchise designed
specifically for the Nintendo Wii and 3DS!
• Explore an expansive all-new world with 7 environments withgardens, wastelands, marshlands and so much more…
• Power up Max with over 20 different weapons and devastating power-ups like RAGE and others to decimate these mutated bugs!
• Battle against waves of over 20 different mutated bugs like wasps, ants, scorpions and more!
• Strategic game play brings hours of fun!
• Unique “street pass” feature for 3DS – Unique content shared between passing Nintendo 3DS
As of May 20, 2014, the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection service for Nintendo DSi and Wii systems has been retired. Online features of this game are no longer available after this date but this game still provides an entertaining experience in offline mode.
To learn more about this service change, please visit To learn more about this service change, please visit support.nintendo.com/servicesupdate.
- System Wii
- Release Date Oct 25, 2011
- No. of Players 2 players simultaneous
- Category Arcade, Shooter
How can I purchase a game on Nintendo.com?
A Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID is required to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. To purchase a game, complete the following steps:
- If you haven't already done so, create a Nintendo Network ID on your Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system.
- Visit http://accounts.nintendo.com and create or sign in to your Nintendo Account.
- Link your Nintendo Network ID to your Nintendo Account.
- Locate your game on www.nintendo.com and follow the on-screen steps to make your purchase.
- Your game will be automatically downloaded to the system associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
- Make sure that your system is connected to the Internet and meets these download requirements.
- For pre-purchases, the game will be pre-loaded to your system at the time of your order. You'll be able to start playing it after downloading a small update, beginning at 12:00 a.m. ET on the game's release date.
For additional information about this process, please click here.
Is a Nintendo Network ID required to purchase games?
Yes. You will need a Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. The games you buy will be automatically downloaded to the system (Wii U and / or Nintendo 3DS family) that is associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
What do I need to download a game?
You'll need a Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Nintendo Network ID*, Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
(* You'll need a Nintendo Network ID to download the game, but you won't need one to play the game once it has been downloaded.)
Does my purchase qualify for My Nintendo Points?
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
- What is the order cancellation policy for digital purchases?