Gauntlet for Nintendo DS is a revitalized tribute to an all-time classic.
"Gauntlet for the Nintendo DS is a feature rich game that stays true to the retro gameplay of the original arcade coin-op while boasting an updated look, additional attacks and powers, and a new Experience-based combat system. Players will encounter punishing onslaughts of 32 different enemy types, including a cadre of completely original monsters as well as fan favorites such as Skeletons, Thief and even Death. Scattered throughout the maps players acquire amazing pickups to assist on their journey – from Bait that attracts nearby monsters to the Glacier Freeze potion that temporarily freezes the hordes of enemies around them. With local and Wi-Fi support for four-player cooperative play, as well as three ranked competitive multiplayer modes, Gauntlet on the Nintendo DS is a revitalized tribute to an all time classic game.
As of May 20, 2014, the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection service for Nintendo DSi and Wii systems has been retired. Online features of this game are no longer available after this date but this game still provides an entertaining experience in offline mode.
To learn more about this service change, please visit To learn more about this service change, please visit support.nintendo.com/servicesupdate.
- The Classic Heroes Return – The Warrior, Valkyrie, Elf and Wizard return, complete with 8 different colors, each with individual strengths and weaknesses, and an exclusive set of 4 Power Moves that are earned throughout Story Mode.
- Experience Based Combat System - Seek out gold to increase your hero’s fame level, strengthen their projectile attacks, and unlock 4 power moves for each character. Join a friend’s game and gain experience, and then take the same enhanced character into your own single player game.
- Ranked Competitive Multiplayer – Compete locally or through Wi-Fi in Death Match, Team Death Match and Treasure Hoard game modes, a first ever for the Gauntlet universe! View your rankings in Death Match and Treasure Hoard through your Nintendo DS.
- Captivating Audio and Graphics – Full 3D on both screens creates beautiful, immersive maps which are complimented by original scores of dramatic orchestral music.
- Microphone over Wi-Fi – Communicate with other players with VoIP using the Nintendo DS microphone!