Crosswords for Everyone!
Crosswords for Everyone!
Choose from more than a thousand crossword puzzles or hone your word skills with Wordsearch or Anagrams. No matter which type of puzzle you choose, you can easily save your progress at any time and return later to finish. Crosswords DS is designed for all players—just select your difficulty level and start off with a basic four-by-four puzzle. As you progress, the game will increase in difficulty and puzzle size. Use the DS stylus like a pencil to write or circle your answers on the touch-control screen. Erasing mistakes is as simple as writing the new answer over the old one. A hint system is also included in case you need some friendly assistance.
In Crosswords DS, you'll find puzzles perfect for everyone regardless of age or experience. Exercise your word skills in more than a thousand touch-control word puzzles to challenge every skill level.
- Crosswords DS offers crossword puzzles at multiple skill levels to engage any player, all controlled with the Nintendo DS stylus. Simply use the stylus to write your answers on the touch screen. Erase your mistakes with a quick tap on the screen, or write new answers directly over old ones.
- An interactive hint system helps you move along at your own pace. For particularly puzzling problems, tap the "Hint" button to receive an additional clue, reveal a letter or have the word solved for you—the choice is yours.
- The wordplay doesn't stop with crosswords. "Wordsearch" challenges you to find words hidden among random letters, while "Anagrams" will stretch your imagination to see how many words you can assemble from a group of letters.
- Puzzles are designed for stress-free completion and are broken into three difficulty levels: Easy, Medium and Hard—plus an unlockable fourth level.
- Unlike paper puzzles, Crosswords DS can offer help if you get stuck. By simply touching the hint button above the puzzle, players can choose to receive another clue, fill in an unknown letter or even reveal the entire word.
- To input a letter, simply touch a square on the screen and write the answer just as you would in a paper puzzle. If you make a mistake, simply write the new letter over the old one—no more messy eraser bits.
Wordsearch and Anagrams:
- Wordsearch is just like the classic word searches you played as a kid. Use the DS stylus like a pencil to circle words hidden in a letter-filled screen. The more difficult the puzzle, the larger the block of letters you'll need to scan.
- In Anagrams, players are given six random letters that must be arranged to spell out three-, four-, five- or six-letter words. Even if you don't identify every suitable combination, you only need to find a majority of possible words to move on to the next level.