Available Now Coming May 05, 2008
Crosswords for Everyone!
Choose from more than a thousand crossword puzzles or hone your word skills with Wordsearch or Anagrams. No matter which type of puzzle you choose, you can easily save your progress at any time and return later to finish. Crosswords DS is designed for all players—just select your difficulty level and start off with a basic four-by-four puzzle. As you progress, the game will increase in difficulty and puzzle size. Use the DS stylus like a pencil to write or circle your answers on the touch-control screen. Erasing mistakes is as simple as writing the new answer over the old one. A hint system is also included in case you need some friendly assistance.
In Crosswords DS, you'll find puzzles perfect for everyone regardless of age or experience. Exercise your word skills in more than a thousand touch-control word puzzles to challenge every skill level.
- Crosswords DS offers crossword puzzles at multiple skill levels to engage any player, all controlled with the Nintendo DS stylus. Simply use the stylus to write your answers on the touch screen. Erase your mistakes with a quick tap on the screen, or write new answers directly over old ones.
- An interactive hint system helps you move along at your own pace. For particularly puzzling problems, tap the "Hint" button to receive an additional clue, reveal a letter or have the word solved for you—the choice is yours.
- The wordplay doesn't stop with crosswords. "Wordsearch" challenges you to find words hidden among random letters, while "Anagrams" will stretch your imagination to see how many words you can assemble from a group of letters.
- Puzzles are designed for stress-free completion and are broken into three difficulty levels: Easy, Medium and Hard—plus an unlockable fourth level.
- Unlike paper puzzles, Crosswords DS can offer help if you get stuck. By simply touching the hint button above the puzzle, players can choose to receive another clue, fill in an unknown letter or even reveal the entire word.
- To input a letter, simply touch a square on the screen and write the answer just as you would in a paper puzzle. If you make a mistake, simply write the new letter over the old one—no more messy eraser bits.
Wordsearch and Anagrams:
- Wordsearch is just like the classic word searches you played as a kid. Use the DS stylus like a pencil to circle words hidden in a letter-filled screen. The more difficult the puzzle, the larger the block of letters you'll need to scan.
- In Anagrams, players are given six random letters that must be arranged to spell out three-, four-, five- or six-letter words. Even if you don't identify every suitable combination, you only need to find a majority of possible words to move on to the next level.
How can I purchase a game on Nintendo.com?
A Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID is required to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. To purchase a game, complete the following steps:
- If you haven't already done so, create a Nintendo Network ID on your Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system.
- Visit http://accounts.nintendo.com and create or sign in to your Nintendo Account.
- Link your Nintendo Network ID to your Nintendo Account.
- Locate your game on www.nintendo.com and follow the on-screen steps to make your purchase.
- Your game will be automatically downloaded to the system associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
- Make sure that your system is connected to the Internet and meets these download requirements.
- For pre-purchases, the game will be pre-loaded to your system at the time of your order. You'll be able to start playing it after downloading a small update, beginning at 12:00 a.m. ET on the game's release date.
For additional information about this process, please click here.
Is a Nintendo Network ID required to purchase games?
Yes. You will need a Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. The games you buy will be automatically downloaded to the system (Wii U and / or Nintendo 3DS family) that is associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
What do I need to download a game?
You'll need a Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Nintendo Network ID*, Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
(* You'll need a Nintendo Network ID to download the game, but you won't need one to play the game once it has been downloaded.)
Does my purchase qualify for My Nintendo Points?
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
- What is the order cancellation policy for digital purchases?