Available Now Coming Sep 23, 2008
Dinosaurs once ruled the earth. Now, you rule them!
Just as the second season of the Dinosaur King TV series kicks off on the Kids WB this September, you will be able to excavate, battle and trade your favorite dinosaurs from the show on your Nintendo DS!
As Max or Rex, members of a dinosaur-hunting team called the D-Kids, excavate realistic dinosaur fossils from all over the world using the Touch Screen – you’ll even blow off the dirt covering them using the DS microphone. Once you bring them to life in 3D with the amazing DinoShot invention, take your favorite beast into battle. Collect and trade over 100 unique species of dinosaurs as you journey to stop the evil Alpha Gang from using the mighty creatures to take over the world. With special moves and various battle strategies, you and a friend will have a blast competing head-to-head to find out who is the ultimate king of the dinosaurs!
- Over 100 dinosaurs with special moves. Battles are full of excitement and surprises with over 240 special dinosaur moves to master.
- Dinosaur Encyclopedia. Once you unearth a fossil, look up your dinosaurs’ genealogy, era, stats and the area of the world where they once lived.
- Dinosaurs change and develop. As you battle, your dinosaurs will become more powerful with experience points, allowing them access to new moves and tricks.
- Five exotic areas to explore. Excavate in North America, Asia, Europe, Antarctica and Africa to unearth the actual dinosaurs of those regions.
- Upgradeable dinosaur-hunting equipment. Complete mini-quests to earn equipment upgrades that will help you through the widely-varying terrain you will encounter on your journeys.
As of May 20, 2014, the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection service for Nintendo DSi and Wii systems has been retired. Online features of this game are no longer available after this date but this game still provides an entertaining experience in offline mode.
To learn more about this service change, please visit To learn more about this service change, please visit support.nintendo.com/servicesupdate.
- System Nintendo DS
- Release Date Sep 23, 2008
- No. of Players 2 players simultaneous
- Category Role-Playing, Adventure
- PublisherSEGA of America
How can I purchase a game on Nintendo.com?
A Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID is required to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. To purchase a game, complete the following steps:
- If you haven't already done so, create a Nintendo Network ID on your Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system.
- Visit http://accounts.nintendo.com and create or sign in to your Nintendo Account.
- Link your Nintendo Network ID to your Nintendo Account.
- Locate your game on www.nintendo.com and follow the on-screen steps to make your purchase.
- Your game will be automatically downloaded to the system associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
- Make sure that your system is connected to the Internet and meets these download requirements.
- For pre-purchases, the game will be pre-loaded to your system at the time of your order. You'll be able to start playing it after downloading a small update, beginning at 12:00 a.m. ET on the game's release date.
For additional information about this process, please click here.
Is a Nintendo Network ID required to purchase games?
Yes. You will need a Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. The games you buy will be automatically downloaded to the system (Wii U and / or Nintendo 3DS family) that is associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
What do I need to download a game?
You'll need a Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Nintendo Network ID*, Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
(* You'll need a Nintendo Network ID to download the game, but you won't need one to play the game once it has been downloaded.)
Does my purchase qualify for My Nintendo Points?
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
- What is the order cancellation policy for digital purchases?