Available Now Coming Nov 15, 2013
Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games
Mario and Sonic go for the gold!
Join your favorite characters, from Mario and Sonic to Princess Peach and Amy, as they team up and compete in the most exciting sports events at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games. Enjoy the thrill of 24 exciting events including bobsleigh, skiing, figure skating pairs, and even snowboard slopestyle, which will make its Olympic debut in Sochi, Russia.
Feel closer to the action than ever before with the first entry in the Mario & Sonic series to utilize the Wii U™ GamePad and Wii Remote™ Plus controllers. In Biathlon, a cross country skiing/shooting hybrid, you’ll even use both as you switch controllers on-the-fly to earn the coveted Gold Medal. In addition, take on Snow Day Street Hockey, Rollercoaster Bobsleigh, and more supercharged Dream Events that combine familiar sports with outrageous settings, rulesets, and extreme action! And for the first time, head online** for global competition to help earn top scores for your home country! Let the games begin!
- Select from your favorite characters including Mario, Sonic, Luigi, Tails, Princess Peach, Amy, and more! Each character contains unique movements and stats
- Enjoy new events to the series like figure skating pairs and snowboard slopestyle, which will make its Olympic debut in Sochi, Russia
- Unique and intuitive controls bring you closer to the action. In bobsleigh, the captain of this four-player event tilts the Wii U GamePad controller like a steering wheel to guide the bobsleigh down the track while giving orders to teammates using Wii Remote Plus controllers
- Take part in supercharged Dream Events that take place in the worlds of Mario and Sonic and add surprising twists to familiar events
- Compete head-to-head in 4-player action* or demonstrate your team spirit in cooperative gameplay
- For the first time, compete in online multiplayer events to help your home country earn the best ranking! Country rankings can be viewed in-game based on high scores, adding a fun element of global competition
- Enjoy depth and replayability through additional modes. In Legends Showdown, contenders from the worlds of Mario and Sonic join forces in a fierce tournament-style competition, while Action & Answer Tour lets you compete with friends in Olympic events with a quiz-style twist
- Returning events take advantage of the Wii Remote Plus controller and Wii U GamePad
- High definition visuals intensify the experience
* Additional accessories required for multiplayer modes; sold separately
** Wireless broadband Internet access required for online play. For more info, go to support.nintendo.com.
How can I purchase a game on Nintendo.com?
A Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID is required to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. To purchase a game, complete the following steps:
- If you haven't already done so, create a Nintendo Network ID on your Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system.
- Visit http://accounts.nintendo.com and create or sign in to your Nintendo Account.
- Link your Nintendo Network ID to your Nintendo Account.
- Locate your game on www.nintendo.com and follow the on-screen steps to make your purchase.
- Your game will be automatically downloaded to the system associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
- Make sure that your system is connected to the Internet and meets these download requirements.
- For pre-purchases, the game will be pre-loaded to your system at the time of your order. You'll be able to start playing it after downloading a small update, beginning at 12:00 a.m. ET on the game's release date.
For additional information about this process, please click here.
Is a Nintendo Network ID required to purchase games?
Yes. You will need a Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. The games you buy will be automatically downloaded to the system (Wii U and / or Nintendo 3DS family) that is associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
What do I need to download a game?
You'll need a Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Nintendo Network ID*, Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
(* You'll need a Nintendo Network ID to download the game, but you won't need one to play the game once it has been downloaded.)
Does my purchase qualify for My Nintendo Points?
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
- What is the order cancellation policy for digital purchases?