Available Now Coming Oct 25, 2007
The far North of our planet is one of the most perilous environments in the world. Take on the role of either a young Polar Bear or a Walrus growing up and trying to survive in the wild. From eating to fighting off predators, almost every aspect of the animal’s life is presented to the player. Learning to live in this world is vital as they go from the regular dangers to the extreme threats. Experience the thrilling, interactive look at the walrus and polar bears that roam the vast world of the Arctic wilderness. The gameplay will evolve as the animal's age over eleven stages that take the player from snowy mountains, across turbulent ice sheets that are ravaged by blizzards, and into the frigid oceans that are patrolled by deadly killer whales. The stages alternate between free-roaming areas containing several mini-games to travel zones, which involve the player taking actions to get from one area to another. The travel zones could be anything from descending a cliff face from the mountains to the ice sheets below or surviving in the open ocean as a storm rages around you.
- Play as a Polar Bear (both cub and adult), a Walrus, an Arctic Fox, or an Orca Whale
- Educational insight into the creatures lives
- 16 different mini-games - each use the unique platform controls to fully immerse the player
- Fully detailed 3D environments with beautiful reflective ice and water, snow falls, and the Aurora Borealis to guide the way
- 3 HUGE chapters to explore
- Many different environments - swim through amazing underwater worlds, slide down icy canyons, and cross vast ice sheets in search of food and adventure
- Play mini-games with friends in the multiplayer mode
- Game features the voice of Queen Latifah
- Over a dozen additional land and sea creatures scattered throughout the game for a variety of scenarios - male Polar Bears keep you on your toes, while chasing an Arctic Hare will make for a satisfying meal
How can I purchase a game on Nintendo.com?
A Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID is required to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. To purchase a game, complete the following steps:
- If you haven't already done so, create a Nintendo Network ID on your Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system.
- Visit http://accounts.nintendo.com and create or sign in to your Nintendo Account.
- Link your Nintendo Network ID to your Nintendo Account.
- Locate your game on www.nintendo.com and follow the on-screen steps to make your purchase.
- Your game will be automatically downloaded to the system associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
- Make sure that your system is connected to the Internet and meets these download requirements.
- For pre-purchases, the game will be pre-loaded to your system at the time of your order. You'll be able to start playing it after downloading a small update, beginning at 12:00 a.m. ET on the game's release date.
For additional information about this process, please click here.
Is a Nintendo Network ID required to purchase games?
Yes. You will need a Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. The games you buy will be automatically downloaded to the system (Wii U and / or Nintendo 3DS family) that is associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
What do I need to download a game?
You'll need a Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Nintendo Network ID*, Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
(* You'll need a Nintendo Network ID to download the game, but you won't need one to play the game once it has been downloaded.)
Does my purchase qualify for My Nintendo Points?
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
- What is the order cancellation policy for digital purchases?