Available Now Coming Nov 14, 2005
Mario Kart DS
Hit the tracks for portable racing fun with Mario!
• Fun for any age, and so easy to pick up and play
• Racing, battles and minigame modes entertain for hours
• Play with up to 8 friends at once using one game card
Koopa Shells will be flying world-wide with the release Mario Kart DS. The acclaimed Mario Kart series is going wireless, letting you race and battle with an all-star cast that includes Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Wario, Bowser, and Toad!
With over 30 courses and all the crazy items and frantic speed players would expect, this game is a Mario Kart fan’s dream!
As of May 20, 2014, the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection service for Nintendo DSi and Wii systems has been retired. Online features of this game are no longer available after this date but this game still provides an entertaining experience in offline mode.
To learn more about this service change, please visit To learn more about this service change, please visit support.nintendo.com/servicesupdate.
• Drive the competition off the roadways anytime, using Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection.
• Compete with up to four people wirelessly using Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection or up to eight people using one game card with local wireless connection.
• Race on 30 courses designed to replicate the best tracks from past games as well as all-new courses.
• Keep one eye on the map and the other on the action with dual-screen gameplay.
Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection
There's always someone ready to play!
Now you can take on your friends from around the globe! By connecting to Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, you can match yourself against friends or rivals who are in your same skill level, both domestic and worldwide. Up to four players can race each other on 20 courses as they vie for the title of World's Best Kart Racer!
For more information, stay tuned to www.nintendowifi.com.
Total Shell-Tossing Mayhem!
Mario Kart's always been an intense multiplayer experience, and now you can connect up to eight players at once for insane multiplayer races and no-holds-barred battles. You can even have eight-person matches using a single game card!
As you race, be sure to watch the bottom screen as you dodge incoming items and keep track of other racers. If you want to change the map view, it's as easy as tapping the touch screen. The touch screen can also be used to customize your name and kart emblem for personalized racing.
Ways to Race
In addition to Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, Mario Kart DS features five different game modes. VS and Battle are available in Multiplayer Mode for up to eight players, and all modes are available for single players.
In Grand Prix Mode, the driver who earns the most points at the end of a four-course Cup is the victor. Mario Kart DS features eight different cups, with each cup featuring four different tracks.
Your object in Time Trials Mode is to get the fastest time you can on a single track. You can save your best runs as ghost data and share them with a friend.
In Single Player Mode, you'll race against computer-controlled karts. In Multiplayer Mode, you'll race against human opponents who play using their own Nintendo DS systems.
There are two types of battle matches: Balloon Battle and Shine Runners. In Balloon Battle, your goal is to pop your opponents' balloons before your own balloons are popped. In Shine Runners, the driver who collects the most Shine Sprites is the winner.
In this mode, you are given sets of specific missions you must clear in order to move on to the next set of missions. You can be sure that a big surprise awaits at the end.
How can I purchase a game on Nintendo.com?
A Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID is required to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. To purchase a game, complete the following steps:
- If you haven't already done so, create a Nintendo Network ID on your Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system.
- Visit http://accounts.nintendo.com and create or sign in to your Nintendo Account.
- Link your Nintendo Network ID to your Nintendo Account.
- Locate your game on www.nintendo.com and follow the on-screen steps to make your purchase.
- Your game will be automatically downloaded to the system associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
- Make sure that your system is connected to the Internet and meets these download requirements.
- For pre-purchases, the game will be pre-loaded to your system at the time of your order. You'll be able to start playing it after downloading a small update, beginning at 12:00 a.m. ET on the game's release date.
For additional information about this process, please click here.
Is a Nintendo Network ID required to purchase games?
Yes. You will need a Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. The games you buy will be automatically downloaded to the system (Wii U and / or Nintendo 3DS family) that is associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
What do I need to download a game?
You'll need a Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Nintendo Network ID*, Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
(* You'll need a Nintendo Network ID to download the game, but you won't need one to play the game once it has been downloaded.)
Does my purchase qualify for My Nintendo Points?
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
- What is the order cancellation policy for digital purchases?