Available Now Coming Jun 27, 2005
Out of this world puzzle action!
An evil planet named Meteo is sending storms of world-ending meteors across the galaxy, and only your puzzle skills can stop them. As blocks rain down, use the stylus to align similar ones and launch them back into space.
- Defend more than 30 planets, each with its own alien race, theme music, block style and gravitational laws.
- Explore planets in Star Trip, challenge CPU players of any skill, survive deluge mode and spend launched Meteos to unlock new planets and features.
- Link wirelessly with up to three friends and have a war of the worlds as players select which planet to launch their Meteos toward. Team up, customize items or establish time or stock limits – players can play however they like.
- Using DS Download Play, players can take on up to three friends with only one game card.
There are an incredible number of modes, from Star Trip (progress from planet to planet) to wireless multiplayer to deluge mode, where the Meteos fall at a steadily increasing rate. Not only that, but almost every mode is customizable, allowing players to set the difficulty level of their opponents, time or stock limits, or even item sets. Items vary from vision-obscuring smokescreens to Meteos-destroying hammers.
In all modes, players can earn Meteos. Anything launched off the top of the screen goes into a bank, and players can then spend them to unlock new planets, items, features and modes.
Besides an instantly addictive multiplayer mode, Meteos also features DS Download Play, allowing players to battle up to three friends with just one game card.
Before collaborating on Meteos at upstart studio Q Entertainment, Tetsuya Mizuguchi produced Sega Rally, Space Channel 5 and Rez while working at Sega, and Masahiro Sakurai created Kirby and Super Smash Bros. as director of HAL Laboratories. Their impressive track records are evident in their latest creation.
How can I purchase a game on Nintendo.com?
A Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID is required to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. To purchase a game, complete the following steps:
- If you haven't already done so, create a Nintendo Network ID on your Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system.
- Visit http://accounts.nintendo.com and create or sign in to your Nintendo Account.
- Link your Nintendo Network ID to your Nintendo Account.
- Locate your game on www.nintendo.com and follow the on-screen steps to make your purchase.
- Your game will be automatically downloaded to the system associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
- Make sure that your system is connected to the Internet and meets these download requirements.
- For pre-purchases, the game will be pre-loaded to your system at the time of your order. You'll be able to start playing it after downloading a small update, beginning at 12:00 a.m. ET on the game's release date.
For additional information about this process, please click here.
Is a Nintendo Network ID required to purchase games?
Yes. You will need a Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. The games you buy will be automatically downloaded to the system (Wii U and / or Nintendo 3DS family) that is associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
What do I need to download a game?
You'll need a Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Nintendo Network ID*, Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
(* You'll need a Nintendo Network ID to download the game, but you won't need one to play the game once it has been downloaded.)
Does my purchase qualify for My Nintendo Points?
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
- What is the order cancellation policy for digital purchases?