Available Now Coming Apr 18, 2005
Black and white go with anything.
Polarium mixes way-cool gameplay with an electronica soundtrack for the trippiest experience yet on the DS. It's the first game that would look cool at a rave.
This fascinating game has the cachet to lure anyone looking for a good time as well as diehard gamers. Keep your eye on Polarium.
- Sleek, black-and-white design
- Use a stylus to flip tiles to create rows that match
- Custom and regular Puzzle mode
- Wireless multiplayer mode
If you mark a tile with your stylus, it will flip from black to white or vice versa. If you mark an entire row, column or block of tiles, they'll flip individually.
The object is to make room for tiles falling from the top screen by clearing rows of tiles below. You do this by flipping the tiles to make rows that are all black or all white.
Gray neutral tiles surround the playing area, so you can flip disconnected groups of tiles. The gray tiles are particularly helpful in Puzzle mode, where you’re challenged to eliminate all black or white tiles without lifting your stylus once. Polarium comes with 100 puzzles. You can also build your own custom puzzles and send them to a fellow night-clubber with a tap of the stylus.
Play wireless multiplayer matches against a friend; as you clear lines, they'll appear on your opponent's screen, which is visible to you on the upper screen of your DS. Clear lines with "?"s on them to get power-ups that make your lines clear faster, block out your foe's border, reverse his or her tiles, and more.
A hypnotic electronic score gives the game the sleek appeal of a high-end fashion show. Polarium is definitely the game to play while you’re waiting to get into that Ibiza nightclub.
How can I purchase a game on Nintendo.com?
A Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID is required to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. To purchase a game, complete the following steps:
- If you haven't already done so, create a Nintendo Network ID on your Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system.
- Visit http://accounts.nintendo.com and create or sign in to your Nintendo Account.
- Link your Nintendo Network ID to your Nintendo Account.
- Locate your game on www.nintendo.com and follow the on-screen steps to make your purchase.
- Your game will be automatically downloaded to the system associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
- Make sure that your system is connected to the Internet and meets these download requirements.
- For pre-purchases, the game will be pre-loaded to your system at the time of your order. You'll be able to start playing it after downloading a small update, beginning at 12:00 a.m. ET on the game's release date.
For additional information about this process, please click here.
Is a Nintendo Network ID required to purchase games?
Yes. You will need a Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. The games you buy will be automatically downloaded to the system (Wii U and / or Nintendo 3DS family) that is associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
What do I need to download a game?
You'll need a Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Nintendo Network ID*, Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
(* You'll need a Nintendo Network ID to download the game, but you won't need one to play the game once it has been downloaded.)
Does my purchase qualify for My Nintendo Points?
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
- What is the order cancellation policy for digital purchases?