Available Now Coming Nov 08, 2011
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Modern Warfare is back. The best-selling first person action series of all-time returns with Modern Warfare 3
What began in the U.S. has lit the world on fire. Now in World War III, only the stakes match the firepower, and stopping this ever-escalating global conflict will take players on a cinematic thrill-ride as only Call of Duty can deliver.
THE EPIC SINGLE PLAYER CAMPAIGN:
Picking up at the thrilling conclusion of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, players must defend borders foreign and
domestic as an unceasing foreign invasion threatens to submerge the world into chaos.
THE DEFINITIVE MULTIPLAYER EXPERIENCE EVOLVES:
KILLSTREAKS: Killstreaks have been redesigned to reward different play styles and skill levels through unique Strike Packages. Completing game mode objectives now counts towards your Pointstreak progression. For the first time ever, kills are not the only way to earn Pointstreaks.
Strike Packages: Support Strike Package, Assault Strike Package, Specialist Strike Package
NEW GAME MODES: Fan favorite game modes make their return (Free-for-All, Team Death Match, Domination, etc.), and a series of new modes make their introduction to the Modern Warfare series:
• Kill Confirmed: Collect dog tags from killed players. Prevent the other team from collecting yours
• Team Defender: Grab the flag and protect the flag carrier to increase your team’s score
• Players can create new, customizable game modes.
SpecIAL-Ops Mode Reinvented:
Spec-Ops now introduces Survival Mode, an action-packed combat progression unlike any other.
• Survival Mode: Making its first appearance in MW3, Survival Mode is the New Special Ops mode in which players face wave upon wave of attacking enemies. Acquaint yourself with all 16 MP maps by playing through them on
Survival Mode – a great way for players to prepare for online multiplayer.
• Ranking/Progression System: An independent rank and unlock progression system within Special Ops Survival Mode.
As of May 20, 2014, the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection service for Nintendo DSi and Wii systems has been retired. Online features of this game are no longer available after this date but this game still provides an entertaining experience in offline mode.
To learn more about this service change, please visit To learn more about this service change, please visit support.nintendo.com/servicesupdate.
- System Wii
- Release Date Nov 08, 2011
- No. of Players 1 player
- Category First Person, Action
How can I purchase a game on Nintendo.com?
A Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID is required to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. To purchase a game, complete the following steps:
- If you haven't already done so, create a Nintendo Network ID on your Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system.
- Visit http://accounts.nintendo.com and create or sign in to your Nintendo Account.
- Link your Nintendo Network ID to your Nintendo Account.
- Locate your game on www.nintendo.com and follow the on-screen steps to make your purchase.
- Your game will be automatically downloaded to the system associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
- Make sure that your system is connected to the Internet and meets these download requirements.
- For pre-purchases, the game will be pre-loaded to your system at the time of your order. You'll be able to start playing it after downloading a small update, beginning at 12:00 a.m. ET on the game's release date.
For additional information about this process, please click here.
Is a Nintendo Network ID required to purchase games?
Yes. You will need a Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. The games you buy will be automatically downloaded to the system (Wii U and / or Nintendo 3DS family) that is associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
What do I need to download a game?
You'll need a Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Nintendo Network ID*, Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
(* You'll need a Nintendo Network ID to download the game, but you won't need one to play the game once it has been downloaded.)
Does my purchase qualify for My Nintendo Points?
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
- What is the order cancellation policy for digital purchases?