Available Now Coming Holiday 2017
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim®
Live another life, in another world in the legendary open-world masterpiece from Bethesda Game Studios.
Winner of more than 200 Game of the Year Awards, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim®, the epic fantasy from Bethesda Game Studios®, arrives for Nintendo Switch™. The legendary open-world adventure where you can be anyone and do anything, now allows you to play anywhere – at home on your TV or on the go. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim for the Nintendo Switch console includes all-new exclusive features like motion control for combat and lockpicking, outfits and gear from The Legend of Zelda™ franchise, and amiibo™ compatibility. Take down enemies with the Master Sword, protect yourself with the Hylian Shield or look heroic in the Champion's Tunic. Skyrim also includes all official add-ons – Dawnguard, Hearthfire, and Dragonborn.
The High King of Skyrim has been murdered. Alliances form as claims to the throne are made. In the midst of this conflict, a far more dangerous, ancient evil is awakened. Dragons, long lost to the passages of the Elder Scrolls, have returned to Tamriel. The future of Skyrim, even the Empire itself, hangs in the balance as they wait for the prophesized Dragonborn to come; a hero born with the power of The Voice, and the only one who can stand amongst the dragons.
- Live another life, in another world: Play any type of character you can imagine, and do whatever you want: defeat dragons, explore dungeons, interact with the people of the world, build a house, start a family, and master skills, spells, and weapons. Set your own pace in a world that alters dynamically based on your choices.
- Stunning graphics and immersive gameplay: Skyrim brings to life a complete virtual world with rolling clouds, rugged mountains, bustling cities, lush fields, flowing rivers, and ancient dungeons.
- You are what you play: Choose from hundreds of weapons, spells, and abilities. Play any way you want and define your character through your actions.
- Gain gear Inspired by The Legend of Zelda: Tap compatible Legend of Zelda character amiibo figures (sold separately) to gain outfits and gear inspired by the series. Take down enemies with the Master Sword, protect yourself with the Hylian shield, or look heroic in the Champion's Tunic. The Legend of Zelda amiibo figures include those from The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild series, 30th Anniversary - The Legend of Zelda series, Super Smash Bros. series, and The Legend of Zelda series.
- Motion controls: Use all-new motion controls exclusive to the Nintendo Switch version: battle with melee weapons, aim your bow, or pick locks.
- amiibo compatible: Tap compatible amiibo figures to receive a chest of loot, also exclusive to the Nintendo Switch version.
- Platform Nintendo Switch
- Release Date Holiday 2017
- No. of Players 1 player
- Category Role-Playing, Action
- PublisherBethesda Game Studios
- DeveloperBethesda Game Studios
©2017 Bethesda Softworks LLC, a ZeniMax Media company. The Elder Scrolls, Skyrim, Bethesda Game Studios and related logos are registered trademarks or trademarks of ZeniMax Media Inc. in the US and/or other countries. Nintendo properties are trademarks of Nintendo. All Rights Reserved.
How can I purchase a game on Nintendo.com?
To purchase digital games directly from Nintendo.com and send them to your Nintendo system, you'll need a Nintendo Account. For Nintendo 3DS and Wii U systems, you'll also need to link your Nintendo Account with your Nintendo Network ID.
For step-by-step instructions by system, please click here.
What do I need to download a game?
You'll need a Nintendo Switch, Wii U, or Nintendo 3DS family system, a Nintendo Account (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
Does my purchase qualify for My Nintendo Points?
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
- What is the order cancellation policy for digital purchases?
How do I redeem a download code?
Download codes are codes for specific digital games or content for Nintendo Switch™, Wii U™ or the Nintendo 3DS™ family of systems.
You can redeem your code here and send the content directly to your system.