Available Now Coming Mar 18, 2016
Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
Compete On-the-go with Mario and Sonic
All of your favorite Mario™ and Sonic characters are ready to join the fun in Rio de Janeiro, host of the Olympic Games in 2016. Then take the rivalry on the road with this portable collection of supercharged events like Soccer, Table Tennis, or test your skills in a challenging game of Golf.
- Take on fun and exciting events set throughout host city Rio de Janeiro.
- Join Mario, Sonic and your favorite characters to take on new challenging events like Soccer and Beach Volleyball.
- Soccer is a popular sport in Brazil where the Rio 2016 Olympic Games are set.
- Golf returns to the Olympic Games for the first time in 112 years; enjoy the event exclusively in the Nintendo 3DS™ version of Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games.
TM IOC/RIO2016/USOC 36USC220506. Copyright © 2016 International Olympic Committee ("IOC"). All rights reserved. SUPER MARIO characters © NINTENDO. Trademarks are property of their respective owners. Nintendo 3DS is a trademark of Nintendo. SONIC THE HEDGEHOG characters © SEGA. SEGA, the SEGA logo and Sonic The Hedgehog are either registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates. © 2016 Nintendo.
Just tap in an amiibo accessory to score new characters, game modes, or other perks!
30th Anniversary Mario - Classic Color
Release Date: September 11, 2015
Mario's style has evolved throughout his many adventures and challenges. This blocky, classic look harkens back to his design in the original Super Mario Bros.™ game that launched for the Nintendo Entertainment System™ in 1985. His iconic red overalls and brownish shirt represent the classic color scheme used in the original game
30th Anniversary Mario - Modern Color
Release Date: September 11, 2015
Mario's style has evolved throughout his many adventures and challenges. This blocky, classic look harkens back to his design in the original Super Mario Bros.™ game that launched for the Nintendo Entertainment System in 1985. His blue overalls and red shirt represent his modern color scheme, and are mixed with the retro aesthetic of the original game.
Release Date: September 11, 2015
In the 1990 Dr. Mario™ game, Mario™ threw on a white coat and decided to take a shot at that whole "medicine" thing. Dr. Mario destroys killer viruses with his amazing vitamin capsules and spends day and night in his laboratory working on new miracle cures. Somehow he's managed to keep up with all the new viruses that have arisen over the years.
US: Exclusively at Target at launch.
Release Date: November 21, 2014
Mario™ never hesitates to leap into action when there’s trouble in the Mushroom Kingdom. Known for saving the world (and Princess Peach™) countless times from Bowser™, Mario is a true super star. He's got amazing jumping skills and makes use of a wide range of transformations. Mario has also powered up into countless roles: referee, doctor, sportsman, dancer, kart racer, and many more.
Figures shown not actual size and designs may vary. Compatibility and functionality of amiibo may vary per game. Software updates may be required.
- Platform Nintendo 3DS
- Release Date Mar 18, 2016
- No. of Players up to 4 players
- Category Sports
To enjoy the 3D effect of Nintendo 3DS software, you must experience it from the system itself. All screenshots and videos on this website have been captured in 2D mode.
Use Parental Controls to restrict 3D mode for children 6 and under.
* MSRP: Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. Actual price may vary. See retailer for details.
* If eligible for a Just for You offer, the final price reflects the combined Sale and Just for You offers. The Just for You offer is discounted from the sale price.
How can I purchase a game on Nintendo.com?
A Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID is required to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. To purchase a game, complete the following steps:
- If you haven't already done so, create a Nintendo Network ID on your Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system.
- Visit http://accounts.nintendo.com and create or sign in to your Nintendo Account.
- Link your Nintendo Network ID to your Nintendo Account.
- Locate your game on www.nintendo.com and follow the on-screen steps to make your purchase.
- Your game will be automatically downloaded to the system associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
- Make sure that your system is connected to the Internet and meets these download requirements.
- For pre-purchases, the game will be pre-loaded to your system at the time of your order. You'll be able to start playing it after downloading a small update, beginning at 12:00 a.m. ET on the game's release date.
For additional information about this process, please click here.
Is a Nintendo Network ID required to purchase games?
Yes. You will need a Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. The games you buy will be automatically downloaded to the system (Wii U and / or Nintendo 3DS family) that is associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
What do I need to download a game?
You'll need a Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Nintendo Network ID*, Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
(* You'll need a Nintendo Network ID to download the game, but you won't need one to play the game once it has been downloaded.)
Does my purchase qualify for My Nintendo Points?
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
- What is the order cancellation policy for digital purchases?
How do I redeem a download code?
Download codes are codes for specific digital games or content for Nintendo Switch™, Wii U™ or the Nintendo 3DS™ family of systems.
You can redeem your code here and send the content directly to your system.