Available Now Coming Jan 20, 2017
Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King
Break the curse. Mend the world.
Uncover the story of the Cursed King as you save the world from a twisted magician in this genre-defining role-playing game. Across the vast world you'll wage turn-based battles against more than 250 monsters designed by artist Akira Toriyama. This updated classic also includes new dungeons, bosses, items, quests, scenes, and a new possible ending!
There's a rhythm to fighting, earning items, using them to craft something better in the alchemy pot, and returning to battle, stronger than ever. As you level up, upgrade your warriors' skills to learn mighty attacks. For the first time, Red the bandit and Monster Arena owner Morrie join your party as playable characters! There are also new outfits that change each hero's look, which makes for some perfect in-game photo ops. You can share the pictures you take via StreetPass™ encounters. Plus, you can form and battle teams of monsters to earn rewards in the Monster Arena. Now the must-play version of this classic game is exclusive to the Nintendo 3DS™ family of systems.
- Platform Nintendo 3DS
- Release Date Jan 20, 2017
- No. of Players 1 player
- Category Role-Playing
To enjoy the 3D effect of Nintendo 3DS software, you must experience it from the system itself. All screenshots and videos on this website have been captured in 2D mode.
* MSRP: Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. Actual price may vary. See retailer for details.
Game playable only in 2D.
© 2004, 2015, 2017 ARMOR PROJECT/BIRD STUDIO/ SQUARE ENIX. All rights reserved. © SUGIYAMA KOBO. DRAGON QUEST, SQUARE ENIX and the SQUARE ENIX logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd. JOURNEY OF THE CURSED KING is a registered trademark or trademark of Square Enix Co., Ltd. Nintendo 3DS is a trademark of Nintendo. © 2016 Nintendo.
* If eligible for a Just for You offer, the final price reflects the combined Sale and Just for You offers. The Just for You offer is discounted from the sale price.
How can I purchase a game on Nintendo.com?
A Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID is required to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. To purchase a game, complete the following steps:
- If you haven't already done so, create a Nintendo Network ID on your Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system.
- Visit http://accounts.nintendo.com and create or sign in to your Nintendo Account.
- Link your Nintendo Network ID to your Nintendo Account.
- Locate your game on www.nintendo.com and follow the on-screen steps to make your purchase.
- Your game will be automatically downloaded to the system associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
- Make sure that your system is connected to the Internet and meets these download requirements.
- For pre-purchases, the game will be pre-loaded to your system at the time of your order. You'll be able to start playing it after downloading a small update, beginning at 12:00 a.m. ET on the game's release date.
For additional information about this process, please click here.
Is a Nintendo Network ID required to purchase games?
Yes. You will need a Nintendo Account with a linked Nintendo Network ID to purchase games through www.nintendo.com. The games you buy will be automatically downloaded to the system (Wii U and / or Nintendo 3DS family) that is associated with your Nintendo Network ID.
What do I need to download a game?
You'll need a Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system (registered for use in the U.S. or Canada), Nintendo Network ID*, Internet connection, and Nintendo eShop access to download the game once you've purchased it.
For help downloading a game, click here.
(* You'll need a Nintendo Network ID to download the game, but you won't need one to play the game once it has been downloaded.)
Does my purchase qualify for My Nintendo Points?
Yes. As long as you have signed up for My Nintendo before you purchase the game, your game will qualify for My Nintendo Points. My Nintendo Points are automatically awarded to the Nintendo Account that was used to purchase the game. (Please note that DLC items, passes, and themes do not qualify for My Nintendo Points.)
To see your My Nintendo points balance:
- Visit http://my.nintendo.com
- Select "Sign in."
- Sign in to your Nintendo Account.
Once you're signed in, you can review your My Nintendo points balance and history, check out the latest My Nintendo rewards, and view active missions you can complete to earn My Nintendo points.
For additional help with My Nintendo, please visit our support site.
- What is the order cancellation policy for digital purchases?
How do I redeem a download code?
Download codes are codes for specific digital games or content for Nintendo Switch™, Wii U™ or the Nintendo 3DS™ family of systems.
You can redeem your code here and send the content directly to your system.