Error Code: 52100
Our experience has shown that this error message is typically caused by a basic setting in your router, such as transmission rate. Please carefully read the instructions below:
- Check Nintendo's router info for special notes, if available, for your router.
- Click here to go to our Wireless Router Configuration page.
- Use the drop-down box on the left to select, if available, your router manufacturer.
- Click on your router's model number, if available.
- Read any "special notes" at the top of the router's page. Many issues can be solved by changing settings described in the "special notes."
- Another device may be sharing the same I.P. address of the DS. Try manually assigning an IP address to your Nintendo DS.
- The first thing you'll need to do is find out the range of IP addresses you should be using. To do this:
- Click the "Start" button in the lower left-hand corner of your computer.
- Click "Run."
- Type "cmd" into the box and press Enter.
- Type "IPCONFIG/ALL" and press Enter. The IP address of the PC will be displayed.
- The IP address
you are going to assign to the Nintendo DS must be 10 digits higher than the PC's. (e.g., 192.168.1.100 becomes 192.168.1.110).
- Enter in the exact same values for your Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, Primary DN
and Secondary DNS as you see listed on your computer screen for IPCONFIG/ALL.
- You will now need to manually assign this new IP address to your Nintendo DS. For step-by-step instructions on how to do this, please click here.
- Ensure you have entered the correct DNS into the DS's manual settings. You can verify this by using the steps listed directly above (IPCONFIG/ALL).
If you are still unable to connect, please call 1-800-255-3700 in the USA or Canada for more information.
Connecting from a hotspot:
- The access point at the hotspot may not be experiencing problems. Ask the staff on site if their Wi-Fi network is up and running.
- If the hotspot's access point has a built-in firewall or other security that interferes with the necessary transmissions from the Nintendo DS, then the access point will not be compatible with the Nintendo DS.
- Try another hotspot.