Error Code: 32002
Was this information helpful?
Lost connection during Wii system update
Note: Before continuing, please review our Network Status page for any maintenance notifications. If the Wii Shop Channel is undergoing maintenance, you will be unable to complete the system update.
Where are you located?
- U.S. and Canada (please scroll down)
- Latin America (click here)
Likely causes: Your Internet connection has slowed or was interrupted, or our servers could be busy.
Verify the following:
- Slow or incompatible Internet connections can "time out" and result in this error code. Are you using a broadband Internet connection such as DSL, cable, or fiber optic? Other, slower types of connections, may not be compatible. Click here for more info about compatible connection types.
Situation Not Resolved:
If the above steps did not resolve the issue, contact us at support.nintendo.com/errorcodecontact.
We have found in your location that the error might be caused by service interruptions from your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
Here’s what we suggest to resolve this issue:
- Update your system using an alternate ISP at a friend’s or relative’s house. Once the update has been completed, you should have no issues accessing online features when connected at home.
- Try updating at a different time of the day, outside of high-traffic hours like after work or during the weekend.
- Make sure you are not using your home network’s bandwidth in other online devices at home, otherwise you will increase your chances of not completing the download.