Error Code: 103-2001
- The Wii U console was able to connect to a wireless router or access point but it was unable to connect to the Internet.
- Error message, "Unable to connect to the Internet."
- This can be the result of the network not having an Internet connection, the Internet connection being redirected, or a poor wireless environment.
What to Do:
- Ensure your network has a working Internet connection. If your wireless router or access point is not connected to the Internet, this error code will appear during the connection test. [How to]
- If no devices can connect online, you will need to contact your network administrator, router manufacturer, or Internet Service Provider for further assistance with your Internet connection.
- Does your Internet connection require you to sign-in or accept a user agreement? If this is required, try the following steps:
- Access the Wii U Internet settings, and select "Connect to the Internet."
- Select "Connections" or Press the X Button.
- Select "Set Preferred Wi-Fi Network."
- Select the Internet connection you are attempting to use, and then "OK" to confirm it as the default connection.
- Return to the Wii U Menu and launch the Internet browser.
- If redirected, enter your sign-in information or accept the user agreement.
- If you the above steps do not allow you to sign-in and this is required, please contact the network administrator for further assistance in connecting the Wii U console online.
- If the above did not help you determine your connection issue, try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Review the Wii U proxy server settings.
If the Wii U proxy server settings have been configured incorrectly, you will be unable to connect to the Internet. If this configuration is not required for your network, disable use of this feature within your Wii U settings. [How to]
- Check for wireless interference.
Wireless interference can result in a weakened connection between your Wii U and your wireless router or access point. Review your Wi-Fi network’s setup to ensure an optimal wireless environment. [How to]
Situation Not Resolved:
If the issue persists, please contact us for additional support by clicking here.
Was this information helpful?