Connect your Wii console to the Internet
Follow the steps below.
- From the Wii main menu, use the Wii Remote to select the "Wii" button.
- Now, select "Wii Settings" to access the "Wii System Settings" menu.
- Using the arrow on the right side of the screen, scroll to page two and select "Internet."
- Select "Connection 1: None"
(Don't see "None" in Connection 1? Click the Connection 1 button, then choose "Clear Settings.")
- Click on "Wireless Connection" and then "Search for an Access Point."
- Select "OK" and the Wii will display all the wireless networks it finds.
- Select the wireless network that is yours.
(If you're not sure which is yours, please refer back to the Web-version of this page, as we have a link to helpful information.)
|Asked to enter a security key?
|If you are prompted to "Enter the Password or Key," then the wireless network you are trying to connect to has wireless security turned on. You will need to type in your security key or password and select "OK."
|Don't know your router's security key?
|Let us help you find your router's security key. support.nintendo.com has information on hundreds of routers. please visit:
- Select "OK," "Save Settings," and then "Yes."
- The Wii console will run a connection test with your wireless network when the test is completed. You should see the following screen:
As long as you see "The connection test was successful," the "Wii Support Code" does not matter and can be ignored
- The connection test was successful - Then you're almost done! After your connection test, the Wii console will check if there is a new Wii System Update available. Once you select "Yes" and "I Accept," the Wii will begin to download any available updates.
- The connection test was not successful - If the test was not successful, you will receive an error code.
- Error Code 51330: This means the security code you entered into the Wii is not the same one your router is set to. Look in your router's settings and try again.
- All other error codes: Visit support.nintendo.com and use the error code lookup on the left side of every page.
- Once the Wii finishes downloading any updates, you will return to the main Wii Menu screen. You're almost finished! You will now need to connect your Wii console to your Netflix account. Please see the step-by-step information below to finish the process and start watching Netflix content on your Wii.
Download Netflix Instant Streaming for Wii from the Wii Shop Channel
Now that your Wii console is connected to the Internet, you can download the Netflix Instant Streaming for Wii from the Wii Shop Channel. Once it's downloaded, you'll use it to stream movies and TV episodes with your Wii.
- Select the Wii Shop Channel on the Wii Menu.
- If you have not previously accessed the Wii Shop Channel, you
will need to read and agree to the User Agreement.
- A screen will appear asking you if you want to link a Club Nintendo account to your Wii Shop account.
- If you have a Club Nintendo Membership, enter your User Name and Password, then select "Link" on the right.
- If you do not have a Club Nintendo Membership, leave the fields blank and select "Do not link" on the left.
- Select "Wii Channels" from the Wii Shop Channel main menu, then select "Netflix Instant Streaming for Wii." Select "Yes" to begin the download.
- Once Netflix Instant Streaming for Wii finishes downloading, it will be added to your Wii menu.
After Netflix Instant Streaming for Wii has been added, the next thing you'll need to do is connect your Wii console with your Netflix account. Continue reading for more information.
Connect your Wii console to your Netflix account
Before you can watch TV episodes and movies streaming from Netflix, you will need to connect your Wii console to your Netflix account. There are two different ways to do this. Follow the instructions below that match the screen you see when you select Netflix on your Wii console.