Internet Browser Specifications for Nintendo 3DS
- Browser Engine
- Netfront Browser
- User Agent
- Mozilla/5.0 (Nintendo 3DS; U; ; en) Version/1.7498.US
- Supported Web Standards
- HTML 4.01/XHTML 1.1/CSS 1/CSS 2.1/CSS 3 (partial functionality)/DOM Levels 1-3/ECMAScript
/XMLHttpRequest/Canvas Element (partial functionality)
- Supported Image Formats
(some images cannot be displayed)
- Plug-ins, such as Adobe Flash, are not supported.
- The default width for web pages is 980 pixels wide. By specifying in the <head> … </head> of the HTML <meta name="viewport" content="width=320">, web pages can be optimized for viewing in the Nintendo 3DS Browser.
- Viewing/Saving of Image Files
- 3D images, in the form of .MPO files, can be viewed in 3D right from your browser and saved afterwards. These images will be saved directly to your SD Card, and can be viewed in the Nintendo 3DS Camera photo library at any time. You can also view and save JPEG images from the web to your SD Card by holding down on that image with your stylus.
* Depending on the image size, you may not be able to view or save.
- Uploading of Images
- Websites can allow for the uploading of 2D or 3D images from the Nintendo 3DS Camera to the Internet.
* This functionality can be disabled using the Parental Controls feature in System Settings.
* Data such as audio and video cannot be uploaded.
- Max. Number of Browser Bookmarks
- 64 Bookmarks